AGES: 5 – 7 YEARS
SPACE IS LIMITED – SIGN YOUR CHILD UP TODAY!
THURSDAYS FROM 3:30 – 4:30 PM
15 WEEK SEMESTER – 1/16 – 5/7
( No classes during Midwinter and Spring Breaks )
TUITION – $650 (includes $80 home materials fee)
Reserve a spot now with a $100 deposit by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH!
Music for the Young Child provides a pressure-free small-group class where children can develop a strong musical foundation by learning the concepts, language, notation, and vocabulary of music and its greatest composers. It prepares young children who are eager for their first experiences with musical symbols and instrument discovery but not yet ready for formal lessons and traditional music reading with an instrument. Parents and caregivers are encouraged to attend the last 15 minutes of class.
After submitting, you’ll be taken to PayPal to make payment. If you would like to pay using Cash, Check or Venmo (@Barbara-Occhionero), please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment plans are available upon request.
What a Parent and Child will experience in class:
- Singing and vocal development – It may sound like a foreign language when a child sings “ta” and “ti-ti”, but this is the language of professional musicians and composers and prepares young children to read and write simple rhythm patterns.
- Movement – See children dance expressively to music, giving them the practice they need to coordinate their body movements to the sound of music. This kind of musical play not only improves musicianship, but physical coordination as well.
- Reading and Writing – Young children will learn melodic notation and identify pitches such as C, A, and D notes on the treble clef, plus rhythmic notation. They eventually even compose their own music!
- Focused Listening – Children will learn to identify a range of orchestra instruments and their sound qualities, while also gaining an early awareness and knowledge of composers and masterwork in Western arts tradition.
- Exploring and playing musical instruments – Authentic percussion, string, pre-keyboard, and woodwind instruments expose children to the many choices of for future musical study, and at the same time provide them with the opportunity to musically succeed before taking on more formal instruction.
- 15-week semester (There are 4 semesters) with a weekly 60 minute class
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum for children ages 5 to 7. Caregivers are to attend the last 15 minutes of class.
- One set of Home Materials – Children’s folder with stickers and Music At Home cards, Family Songbook, instrument, CD, download code for the music, a game bag and a carry bag. Family participation allows the family to take an active role in the child’s learning, while reinforcing what is learned each week.